Looking at the pictures in this post just had me thinking about my insecurities, I almost didn’t want to post them but seeing as this post is in collaboration with TANCOUTURE, a Nigerian fashion brand that caters for the everyday woman and it’s really not fault of this gorgeous dress that I keep getting fat even without eating, I’ve decided to take the ’10 insecurities tag‘ from Instagram and share them the things I’m insecure about here with you exclusively. Dress : TANCOUTURE | Shoe : DIY inspired by MissEnocha (IG) | Purse : Gift | Lipstick : Seky by Jaxxcosmetics (enter my giveaway here)
1. They say I’m a fine wine, I wasn’t the best looking as a child but as I’m getting older I’m getting finer hence I’m really insecure about being called pretty or beautiful as it’s not something I’m used to.
2. I’m the shyest person you’d ever come across, I actually really dislike talking.
4. My butt. Being as shy as I am, I don’t know how to handle the attention it draws my way.
6. Thank goodness big lips are now cool but I’m still clueless about how to make my lips look as cute as the ones I see on the internet.
8. I’m such a lover girl and I’m really insecure about it because I don’t want to seem weak.
10. My biggest insecurity has to being very thick, most of my friends say it’s from eating too much fufu but I’m not trading my fufu with anything else, NEVER!!
While I’m on the road to being as confident as Rihanna, these are a few things I battle with on the inside and thankfully I’m getting over most of them. I’ve learnt that there is beauty in imperfections and that has helped change my views on the things listed above. Today I’m my own crush and loving everything about me while I keep working daily to be the best version of myself.
On a brighter note, I absolutely love the color of this beautiful dress and how it looks on my skin, permit me to say mustard was made for black girls. This dress earned me my First unsolicited compliment from my baby sis turned twin, she said I look elegant in it and that’s all thanks to TANCOUTURE. If you ever find yourself needing an affordable ready to wear piece, then you know where to go!