Currently listening to Wizkid | The Matter
Now I don’t know if to start the post with ‘Happy Independence’, ‘Happy New Month’ or ‘Happy New Week’ but I just want you to know you have all of my very best wishes no matter the occasion!! Anyway, still in the celebration spirit of Nigeria’s Independence, this post is an ODE to the city I call home, a city that I’ve lived in all my life and I’d be sharing my top ten facts about my amazing city LAGOS…
What I’m Wearing :
2. To reduce the amount of time you spend in traffic just leave your car at home and ride in a Keke Napep aka Lagos fast ants like I love to call them.
4. Top used slangs are ‘Waso’ which means the 50naira note and ‘Owa’ which you have to scream with your loudest pitched voice when you almost at your destination if you ride in a public commute so as to bring the bus to a halt.
5. All the best spots to relax and eat in are located in Victoria Island.
6. Lagos is a no free internet zone and if you are in a place that says ‘free internet’, I bet you a plate of jollof rice that it wouldn’t work.
7. The police is not your friend, don’t be deceived.
8. Lagos is a city for hustlers, if you’re lazy you won’t survive it here.
9. The prices of items in the market are usually double, tripled or even quadrupled etc so to get good bargains you gotta divide every price you’re told by four (you see why mathematics is very important).
10. Last but not the least, LAGOS IS THE BEST CITY IN THE WORLD.
Still on the hustle matter, I love what the people at WesternZealots are the doing making very high quality T-shirts for the T-shirts lovers myself at a very affordable price. I particularly love the ‘Westernized Collection’ because it kinda defines where I’m from as Nigeria was colonized by the western people and also located in the west of Africa, I also live in Lagos which is located in the western part of Nigeria but not all these westernization has been able to make me compromise who I am as a person and the values that I stand for.
More T-shirt Styles (also available in black : )
(This post was in collaboration with WesternZealots but all words and opinions are entirely mine.)