Currently listening to Jon Bellion | Run Wild
Happy Valentine’s Day bras!! Today like most of my days I’m laying in bed with my thoughts wandering. Seeing as it’s also Ash Wednesday today, I decided to use my bible study time to learn more about love from the Bible’s point of view. Today I was going to talk about Valentine’s Day from a romantic point of view because of my outfit but I decided last minute to share with you seven bible verses on love I came across that stuck in my head.
What I’m Wearing :
Top : Thrifted
Dress : Thrifted
Bag : Similar here
Shoe : Newlook
(total outfit cost excluding shoe and bag 200naira)
LOVE QUOTES FROM THE BIBLE
LOVE QUOTES FROM THE BIBLE
1. Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:82. However, as it is written: What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived — the things God has prepared for those who love him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
3. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.1 John 4:20 | NIV
4. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8 | NIV
5. My son / daughter, do not despise the Lord’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.Proverbs 3:11-12 | NIV
6. The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”Romans 13:9 | NIV
7. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.Galatians 5:6 | NIV
As much as I’d absolutely love to be all lovey dovey (all I’m got is FaceTime and cute texts), I’m absolutely enjoying taking time out to practice self love and also learn more about how much God loves me. To be honest, since I became very aware of God’s love for me, I’ve become unshakable because who/what can be against me when God is for me?! I really hope this post has added some value to you as my main aim for every blogpost this year is to create valuable content.
If you’re not a Christian, I still do hope you enjoyed the photos in this post as I tried to recreate a Yara Shahidi look I came across on her Instagram to suit the days occasion. Do enjoy the rest of your week guys and I’m still accepting gifts too!!
Ps : You can watch me unbox my gift on my Instastory.
What’s your favorite bible verse? What do you think of my look? What’s your take on love? Kindly share your thoughts with me as I always love to read them.