Beginning of this year, one of the things I wanted to do as regards blogging was to incorporate more posts not entirely written by me because in all honesty I don’t know it all. I’m not a huge fan of guest posts so that wasn’t an option but thankfully I have finally figured how to get everyone involved and that is by sharing your responses to my questions.
In honor of Mother’s Day being celebrated tomorrow, the 12th of May, I have picked out 12 responses by women in their twenties to my ‘Dear Mother’ Instagram story to share with you…
1. I miss you everyday but trust me I’m getting stronger everyday as well
2. Your daughter is looking for money not husband.
3. You stayed because of me, now I’m grown, let’s leave.
4. You are the energy I need when I’m weak.
5. Because of you, I am.
6. I need to travel abroad like my mates.
7. When you hurt, it feels like someone ripped out my heart from my chest. I love you deeply.
8. You are beautiful and gracious, the love and kindness you exude is truly appreciated.
9. You born better pikin.
10. I am nothing like you; everything like you.
11. Please allow me wear my clothes in peace and not everyone is trying to kidnap me.
12. I have scars I could never tell you about.
There were a lot more replies but these touched me, made me laugh, made me appreciate motherhood and made me want to be the best mom to my future kids. I know this is a very sensitive time for a lot of people especially those living without their moms or those that have been having difficulties becoming moms, I’d like to use this opportunity to send you lots of LOVE and LIGHT.
*disclaimer : Words were written with the permission of the people who sent them without any word being altered. Fake names were used for sake of animosity*
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to share it.
Do you like these audience response posts? Which one of the responses can you relate to the most? Have advice for anyone of them? Do let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below, thank you.